Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Catch up

          Lazy me I'm finally catching up on the past month or so.  We went to Delta for Easter and Hayden had a blast hunting for eggs! The weather turned out so nice and he loved being outside.  I'm pretty sure he saw more candy than he has ever seen in his life and I probably ate more candy than I've ever eaten in my life!  He was pretty excited to do the Easter egg hunt but as expected he wanted to open each egg he picked up right away which means we got a grand total of. . . 6 eggs.

Aunt Jaclyn came to support him in his quest

He was so mad he had to wait for the Easter egg hunt to start



opening his Easter basket

Easter egg hunt at grandma's house

I'm not sure why but he decided it was safer to put his candy into Bryce's bag than his own basket. Apparently he doesn't trust us!

trying to open the eggs he picks up with his mouth


             A couple weeks ago we were at our house working on stuff and Hayden took a tumble into our concrete steps:(  He had quite the scrape on his cheek.  I was so scared of how upset he was going to be when we washed it out but he actually did pretty good.  
After washing it out

The next morning.  I knew it was going to be worse in the morning but i wasn't expecting quite this bad.  This was a few hours after he woke up and some of the swelling had gone down.  He couldn't even open his eye at first but he was still smiling!  You would not believe the stares I got when we went to costco!  People don't even try to hide the fact that they were looking at him and then glaring at me like I was some kind of child abuser!  I felt so judged!  I mean what did they think I did??? punch him in the eye and run a cheese grater across his cheek?!! It's obviously road rash!  Luckily it has actually healed a lot better than we expected and hopefully won't scar too bad so I shouldn't get dirty looks for  too much longer hopefully.
On our way to Delta!  When Hayden knows we are going to delta he talks the whole way down about all the people (and dogs) we are going to see.  He will just sit and babble and say "Gamma's home, Bella's home, Jason. . . cycles, Pocket home, Daisy sleepin"  He likes to talk about where everyone is.  Usually people are either working or home and the dogs (daisy and Bella) are sleeping according to him and whenever he talks about Jason he remembers that he has a motorcycle so he says cycles.  And in case you are wondering who pocket is. . . that would be grandpa.  Anytime we ask him to say grandpa he says pocket and anytime he sees one of his grandpas or asks for them it is ALWAYS pocket.  We have no idea where he got this from but it's pretty hilarious!
Riding Jason's mini chopper with dad.  he loves this thing!  He also loves riding in Jason's "cart" (golf cart)

               Last but not least. . . 30 weeks!  Try not to stare at my disgusting counter or at the lowest baby bump in History.  I' carried Hayden the same and I'm wondering if I will ever have a "normal" looking bump.  I went to the doctor at 28 weeks and everything  appears to be super great!  My glucose test came back and I am apparently very not diabetic, Carter's heart sounded great and I guess I am measuring about a week and a half ahead. (wish that meant I would go early and praying it doesn't mean we're in for a big baby!)  Either way this little man will be here in less than ten weeks whether he likes it or not!  (Matt is all for giving him and early eviction notice.  I'd rather not but I'm guessing that as time rolls on and my patience and comfort dwindle that the idea might sound more enticing)

               I'm super excited to post some pictures of the progress on our house soon!  My dad, brother, and Matt worked their tales of all day every day from Saturday until Tuesday and tiled our kitchen, dining area, two and a half bathrooms, a laundry room, and an entry way!  Now that's impressive!  I don't know that they will ever want to lay a tile again (or see our house:) but we are so grateful for all that they did.  There's NO WAY we could have done it without them!  I love how our tile turned out!  They have the black stuff all over the house so they should be doing the stucco Thursday or Friday and the guys that do the finish work will be starting either Thursday or Friday too.  This is what I'm most excited for! All the fun stuff is starting to happen and it's actually looking like a house!  We're in the home stretch!  Not looking forward to cleaning our apartment but I'll clean in a hundred times if it means i get to move out!:)

3 comments:

  1. your torso is so long!!!! i cant believe you are already 30 weeks down. crazy!!!! so many fun changes for ya'll this summer. how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good update! I love hay den's phrases! And you look great dew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have Alyssa in that picture with your little boy! That Easter Egg hunt was fun! Brittney, you look great!

    ReplyDelete