Well we finally closed on our house on Thursday!!! I guess that means we can move in. . . oh wait we already did. Luckily even though we weren't able to close last Friday, Edge was okay with us moving our stuff in which was a big relief to me since he was leaving on the 13th to go to some training in California for work. Thank you to everyone who came and helped. We took two truck loads full down on Friday night and were able to move everything else out of the apartment and into the house in about three hours. Record time! Not closing still put a few kinks in our plans but we're managing! We couldn't order our appliances until after we closed so Hayden and I have been lucky enough to get to use a cooler as a fridge for the past few days. Luckily we can pick it up Saturday and make our lives a whole lot easier! We also don't have a washer and dryer until the 20th I think. We've been able to do laundry at our apartment while we were cleaning until today when I locked the door for the last time and left the keys. As far as apartments go I don't think we could have found much better to live in for 6 years but i can't say that i will miss the tiny living quarters and no yard and I know Hayden won't! It just about killed me to clean that place though! I never want to clean another wall or base board again! It's too bad I wasn't closer to my due date because I'm pretty sure that would have sent me into labor. Thankfully my mom was able to come help me a couple times to get it over with quicker.
Unpacking has been as expected. . . a nightmare! How do I decide where to put everything??? I finally just started throwing things in cupboards and closets and decided I could organize as I go. There's so many things we need I can't even believe it!
Hayden seems to be adjusting well. He was a little confused at first. We would tell him we were going home to the house and he would say "house not home". He wasn't mad or sad or anything. He was just confident that the house was not called home. After a few days I think he got it and now he says "house is home not apartent". It's pretty funny listening to him explain everything to us like we don't know what's going on. He's loving being able to be outside more. We will open the garage door and he drives his little four wheeler up and down the driveway for as long as we'll let him. I can't believe how good he has been about not going in the street too! At our apartment the first thing he would do was bolt to the road but he has been so good here. Even if his ball rolls in the road he will come get me to hold his hand so we can go and get it together. I won't pretend that he hasn't had a few hang ups but I don't think they have anything to do with moving because he started doing them before we moved. He randomly decided that he needs to fall asleep in our bed now and then we have to move him. I'm really hoping that when we get his new bed he will think it is super awesome and we won't have to make him go to bed in his own bed. Other than that he seems to be doing just fine!
Hopefully someday I will get things decorated so I can post pictures but I'm not sure I would count on it! So much to do in the next four weeks and I don't even know where to begin!
6 years ago


So excited for you, but that stresses me out just hearing you talk about it! Can't wait to see more pictures of your house!
ReplyDeleteHayden is so cute and smart!! I love love love your new house! Congrats!
ReplyDelete