Finally I got the computer to work long enough to do an actual post on our house! I'm so excited to have a house I can't even stand it. (literally I can't stand being in our apartment any longer and we leave just abut every chance we get!) It feels like it is taking forever but the build time start to finish is only 96 days and we are on day 29 so I think I may just being a little dramatic:) I can't believe how fast everything has gone since they started framing and they were actually set back by a couple days of bad weather! I think they started framing on the 9thish or somewhere around there and are now finished. (except for a couple small things that they can't finish until more wood is delivered but I'm guessing that will happen tomorrow. We went down tonight and were surprised to find that they had put in windows and even had our shingles on! I didn't get any pictures before they started the upstairs because the weather was crappy so we didn't spend much time there other than to look around really quick. All of this was done in less than a week so of course we had to go down almost every night just to see what they had done that day.

 |
| can't believe how different it looks with the roof on! |
 |
| I was so happy when they put the stairs in so I didn't have to boost myself in. (or worse, have someone else boost me in!) They also got the stairs going up and down in and we finally got to see what our upstairs would look like! |
 |
| Finally they finished the roof on the garage and surprised us when the windows were in and the roof was shingled! It's so much warmer now that the windows are in! If only they would put the sliding door in the back to keep the wind out! |
 |
| My dad and his wife were nice enough to come up last week and we were able to find the tile we will be using! I can't believe they will be laying the tile in about 3 weeks! |
 |
Not a super great picture but these are the exterior colors. The stucco is a little darker than I think maybe I want now but oh well ha ha! I'm sure it will be fine (I hope:) The lighter one is our trim and the other ones are the shakes, rain gutters and that jazz, and the garage door and the chunk of wood is what color my precious wood door that I'm so excited for will be! Hopefully everything pulls together when it's all done.
The plumber will be starting the rough in plumbing tomorrow and Matt will start his HVAC on Wednesday and will be busy with that all week. I'm not sure what else will be going on the rest of this week but the weather seems like it should be good so hopefully a lot gets done!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment