Monday, March 26, 2012

Sniff Sniff. . .

           Today was a sad day at the Bunker home (mostly for me).  I put Hayden down for a nap and proceeded to clean things up just like any other normal day.  Little did I know this was not a normal day.  Today my life would change forever.  After about a half hour I was walking past his door and heard a thump and then a few seconds later the door knob turned. . . NOOOOOO!  Then out walked a tiny tot who started giggling and saying happily "I no night night! I get out mommy!" over and over again.  And that is when I knew that my beautiful two hours of blissful nap/clean/craft/reclaim my sanity time was probably a thing of the past.  There's no telling what the next few weeks of Hayden's first big boy bed will bring. Only time will tell.
          Yes, I know, this all sounds a little dramatic but it's the truth!  I'm so scared this stubborn little sweetie will never nap again! (besides the occasional day when he gets to the point of exhaustion where he puts himself down for a nap which doesn't happen very often)  I knew this day was coming.  We were actually talking about what we should do with the whole situation yesterday in fact (since we will be needing the crib for someone else when we move) but I just wasn't planning on making up my mind about it 12 hours later.  I guess that answers the when question!  Now I just have to figure out the  "how".  How to get Hayden to take a nap in his bed.  How to get him to go to bed at night.  How to get him to stay in bed at night when there's not crib bars holding him there.  Oh boy this should be exciting!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! Whatever you do just stay committed and don't give up. We were having to lay on the floor by Brody's bed until he fell asleep. We'd do this for bedtime and nap time. It was awful- But it gets better and he'll eventually stay in his own bed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a sad day. I am sooooo sorry. good luck with this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete