Monday, March 5, 2012

Updates. . .

First things first. . . We are officially half way through this pregnancy! It's crazy to think I'm already on the down hill side but we're so excited!  I feel pretty great (besides not sleeping super great).  Sickness is all but vanished and my appetite has returned with a vengeance!  I started feeling some tiny kicks and punches around 16 weeks and this past week he has really kicked it up a notch:) I forgot how much I love and appreciate every little movement I get to feel.  Matt was also able to feel him kick for the first time last week which is really exciting for him.  We have our anatomy ultrasound in a week which has me excited to see our baby again and just hoping that everything is going just right in there!
20 Weeks
 I've decide for sure that the theme for little Carter's room will be nautical and I'm so excited!  I've been trying to find a ship wheel to hang on the wall but all the ones I've seen on the Internet have been $60+ so i was so happy when i found this one at Hobby Lobby and was able to use a coupon and get it for $22! It's going to go perfect in his room!  I've also been searching for fabric to make his crib bedding (i couldn't find anything pre-made that fit the theme and colors the way i wanted) and was not finding ANYTHING that I liked until a friend told me about fabric.com.  I found exactly what i was looking for for the bumpers on the first page i looked! It's fate! I even found some way cute material to do the quilt with.

I'm so happy I found this!

These are the four pattern materials his quilt will be made of (for some reason the color on the striped one looks weird.  It's a navy blue for reals).  For the quilt I want to use these and some solids and maybe minky on the back so it's soft.  For the bumpers I am just going to do the navy and white striped material with either navy or red trim but I'm haven't decided yet. There's a ton of cute stuff I have pinned on pinterst so I'm excited to see how his room turns out!

              Now for our slightly bigger baby. . . Hayden has come down with a cold so he's not exactly happy right now.  He's been whining a lot and I'm hoping that it has to do with him not feeling well and not just his age because it is getting old.  He's also been waking up a little earlier than usual which is making me pretty sad:( but other than that  he's pretty much hilarious.  He jabbers all day and repeats just about everything!  He pretty much thinks he's the boss man of the house. (he's pretty much right).  His favorite thing right now is trains.  We passed one on our way to Delta last week and he freaked out!  I'm pretty sure he thought it was the best day of his life.  When he saw it coming he starting squealing train!!! here it comes!!!! over and over again.  I was so exciting he was shaking.  I thought he was going to pass out:)  I will now go out of my way to hopefully see this reaction again.  
            I am proud to say we have now officially been clean at our house for two and a half weeks! (clean of the binky that is.  and yes i would say that thing is probably as bad as quitting drugs)  We are still working out some rough spots (nights in delta have not been all that pleasant) but all in all he really did pretty good.  He hardly ever asks for it and when I tell him it went bye bye and he lights up and says "Prize" all excited (he got some prizes when we got rid of it:)  I will admit that I miss it sometimes and i will never say that i wish i would have never given him one because that thing literally saved my sanity sometimes but it is nice to not have to cart it around or worry about having an extra when we go places.  
little man on the way to delta.  It was "bight" from the sun so we've gave him Matt's sunglasses.  I need to get him his own.  I'm kicking myself for not getting the cute baby aviator sunglasses i saw last year!
         House update. . .  I really really wish i could say that our house had been started already:(  The engineer should be done with the plans today or tomorrow and then they should have a building permit by the end of the week and hopefully in the next 2 to 3 weeks they will be digging!  This hasn't slowed Matt and I down though ha ha!  We have already picked out our couch and put money on it and then we were in the mall the other day and the guy at sears randomly asked us if we needed a lawn mower because they still had a few good ones on clearance from last year.  Did we buy one?  before we have a house let alone a yard??  yes, yes we did.  We're crazy i guess.
         Right now we are trying to pick tile which my dear daddy has graciously offered to lay for us. (I'm very happy to be getting tile in our entry, kitchen and all the bathrooms)  It's sooo hard!  You have to factor in all the elements of the house that will be near the tile and make sure they all go together and then somehow find it at the right price! blaish for the walls and white for the trim).  I love the carpet! It should be very good at hiding dirt!
        Hopefully we get this show on the road soon because I'm getting some major cabin fever in our tiny apartment with last weeks frigid weather!  Luckily we should be in St. George in a couple weeks for the air show and some much needed sunshine (hopefully).  Luckily today has been so nice to hold me over till then!

4 comments:

  1. Lots of exciting stuff going on! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you pregnant?!? You look GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you guys are in St. George you should stop in and see us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way you are 20 weeks and not showing at all. Little Carter is going to have a cute room in your new house. I am so excited for everything that is going on with your cute little family. Fun changes.

    ReplyDelete