Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mommy Woes

So. . . I always promised myself that my kids would not be allowed to have their binky passed age 2 and it seems that Hayden's 2nd birthday has come and gone and the binks has still been with us:(  I tried to only let him have it at nap and bed time but he would always end up crying for it during the day and being in the first trimester and sooo tired and sick i just caved and let him have it to give myself a break.  I decided maybe it was best to just wait till he was a few months older so he would understand the binky fairy and being a big boy but lately he just seems to be getting more and more attached to it so I decided that it was probably best to just cut the cord now. . . for real this time.  I actually threw the only binky we had left away so I couldn't fall back on it. Well. . .just as always Hayden is proving to be a very strong willed child.  The first day was wretched (He whined for it all day and then finally went to bed at 12:30 in the morning and only slept until 7:00)  Day 2 wasn't so bad so I thought the worst was over. We even got him to bed at 10:00  (progress right!)  WRONG. He woke up at 2 in the morning and cried for about an hour without wavering.  When he finally fell asleep on the couch I tried to take him to bed and any time I would get him near his crib he would hold his arm up and say "couch" and cry if i tried to put him down.  I'm fine with letting him cry for a little bit to learn to sleep without it but our neighbor is soooo rude and not understanding!  She makes sure to let us know if he peeps too loud even once so I really don't know what to do.  He won't go to sleep in his crib without crying but I don't want to let him make a habit out of sleeping on the couch obviously.  What am I supposed to do!!!

3 comments:

  1. O man I'm so sorry!! Koleman has a new thing with sleeping with us, I don't know what to do about it either!? I feel like it is just a horrible sleeping stage he is gowing through!.. The binks is so hard, we have been lucky that nights and naps works for us! I was talking to a girl who is due around the same time as you and has a two yr old. She's been trying to take away her girls binks and her dr told her that if they give the new baby a binki they will have to start all over again with her little girl and the binki! His suggestion to her was to let her girl have it until she is absolutely ready to let it go! The only thing it will hurt is their teeth a little bit and who doesn't want to pay for orthodontic work?!? .. Sorry this helps NONE! parneting pretty much sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obviously have no advice but hope things improve! Hang in there and don't worry about your neighbor;) you will be gone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry! I hear this is the most frustrating thing! Hang in there and if you need a break let me know. I can take him to the tree house for you if you want.

    ReplyDelete