Tuesday, November 8, 2011

growing

             Hayden is 22 months and I really can't believe it!  Less than two months away from being 2.  How do I almost have a two year old!  I feel like this age is the best and worst at the same time.  He is throwing more fits, is unreasonable if you want him to hold still for even a second (which means that shopping, family photos, getting dressed, and anything else that requires holding still are a nightmare.  His favorite words right now are "No!" and "Mine!" and he uses them way more than I appreciate.  He wants what he wants when he wants it and he makes sure to let you know in the most inconvenient way possible!  He has also decided that he will make the choice when he goes to bed.  when we were in delta we couldn't get him to go to bed until midnight!  We put him in his crib and he freaks out!  On happier note he is so much fun when he is happy!  He sings and dances and jabbers all the time.  I love that he is saying things and understanding ALOT.  It comes in handy sometimes when his lazy parents need something that is just out of reach:)  I have been worried about his talking (or what i thought was a lack of) but i was reading up and found out that he is only supposed to know about 20 words. I'm not sure why i was so worried because he is saying over fifty and even says a few phrases.  I tried to make a list and these are the ones I could think of. . . daddy, car, truck, keys, want, eyes, ears, nose, hair, drink, milk, juice, tree, cute, soft, baby, yucky, ow, mine, help, no, yes, yeah, hello, hey, uh oh, bella, lady, mack, treat, bite, binky, outside, ride, some, more, sorry, please, thank you, yay, cheese, ball, mere (come here), bye, see ya, grandpa (sounds more like bompa), hot, bite, potty, that, go, tickle, stroller, shoes, fly, and again.  He also says "ready, set, go!", "where is it?", "where'd it go", "there it is!", "one, two, three!", "what's that?", "what'd he say", and "your in trouble!"  He is hilarious!  my favorite thing that he does right now is he will hide his hand (or an object) behind his back and say "where'd it go, where'd it go!. . . there is is!" ( and yes i meant to put is twice because that's exactly what it sounds like:) he says it with so much excitement! i love it!   He has also turned into a little dare devil.  he loves to say ready, set, go! and jump off the stairs or the couch and he gets a thrill out of falling off things.  I'm starting to think he is going to be an adrenaline junky.  He loves to mimic everything right now.  when we brush our teeth he will get his tooth brush and tooth paste and bring it to me and say "help" and then he will stand by Matt and when Matt spits into the sink Hayden makes a sound like he is spitting too and he also insists on flossing after he brushes ha ha!  He is also a champ at going pee in his potty! I think I will start being more aggressive with potty training next month since he is doing so well.   He is still growing like a weed which is surprising since he NEVER eats!  He is now 34.5" tall and weighs about 25 pounds. I would upload pictures but blogger is not cooperating so i can't but we sure love our little man! . . . even on his bad days!

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch him with is cars and trucks. He is so intent on steering there exactly where he wants them. He makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete