Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Carter!

       Happy Birthday to our sweet little man!  It's hard to believe a year has passed since he was born.  He has been such a sweet boy and I can't imagine life without him.  I remember going to our ultrasound praying it was a girl and I even cried a little after we got out because I wanted a girl sooo much (and still do) but honestly I could not trade this sweet little muffin for a thousand girls.  Don't get me wrong he has had his bad days and nights but his smile just lights up a room and he melts my little mommy heart!  At first I thought he was going to be our calm child because he was so easy going.  Boy was i wrong!  He is still pretty chill with wherever and whatever I drag him along to do but this kid is a maniac!  He makes the baby Hayden look mediocre at destroying a room.  He's like a tornado that can creamate an entire house in like 10 seconds!  To say he keeps us on our toes would be an understatement.  
        He loves playing with Hayden and usually Hayden loves playing with him.  We have the occasional problem when Hayden treats carter like they are the same age and plays a little rough but Carter usually holds his own.  It helps that Carter is giant compared to Hayden.  We haven't gone in for his one year appointment but i think he weighs about 25 pounds and I don't know how tall he is but he seems big...real big.  He has been a little bit of a picky eater lately and is not big on certain textures.  His favorite foods are Spaghetti, cheese, watermelon, grapes, and otter pops.  He started walking a few weeks ago and is now toddling all over the place.  It's adorable!  I could sit and watch him all day!  He loves to be outside and loves swimming.  He pretty much likes anyone who will give him any attention and I mean ANYONE.  He will stare at someone at the store until they look at him and then he gives them a big cheesy grin.  We're pretty sure he has said (or tried to say a couple words)  When we're at my dads he will yell for his dog and follow her around.  It sounds more like rella than Bella but I think we can count that as his first word.  We're also pretty sure he tries to say Hayden.  He is an over achiever on getting teeth just like Hayden and has 10 already.  It's one mouth full of teeth for a 1 year old and it makes his little smile that much sweeter!  Pretty much we just love this little one with all our hearts!
          Carter was lucky enough to get 2 parties this year.  We did a family party in delta and friend party at our house.  Both went about the same weather wise.  The day started cloudy and then cleared out giving us a glimmer of hope before quickly moving back in to literally rain on our parade.  We still had a great time though and were grateful to all the people who came to enjoy this special time with us!
       
my mom and Carter
Jaclyn and sweet little brax
birthday boy giving a cheese!
me, my mom and Jaclyn
Matt's brother Brandon and his wife Natalie
Bryce's sister and her husband, Bryce, Brax, and Jaclyn
Smash Cake!
He went straight for the eyeballs!
our typical chaotic family picture!
It took him a little while but he got it pretty smashed

gettin ready for a rinse off in the res
opening presents after.  We had to leave the res because it was pouring rain!
  Friend party/BBQ!
Thanks to all of our friends for coming and thanks for those that contributed to the meal! super sweet of you:)  I can't believe how many kiddos we have in our little group of friends now! And it's only the beginning!











getting ready for his birthday meal!  He mostly just threw all the food on the ground.
He wasn't in the greatest mood for his partay.

His birthday banner.  it's hard to tell but i promise it was pretty dang cute!

Steph being sexy for the camera






He's like "dude, that's my cake."


and this is when he started chucking cake everywhere.  i'm still cleaning up frosting.
i'm done mom:(
Birthday sink bath!
just getting some quick nourishment in before opening presents
thanks for all the fun gifts everyone!


Dear carter: We love you! Happy Birthday!

1 comment: