Monday, February 13, 2012

So excited!

I can't believe I finally get to say we're going to have a house!!!  I feel like we've been searching FOREVER. (really it's only been like a month but we're pressed for time with our new little man coming)  We looked at bunches of houses and have actually put offers on a few only to find that the ones we wanted had multiple offers already.  Finally one night we decided that if we didn't like any of the houses we looked at that night we would make the decision to have one built.  We went out confident that we weren't going to like anything we looked at. . .  wrongo!  We looked at a home in our friends neighborhood and there were quite a few things that we really liked about the house. It had a little over 3,000 sq feet, 3 bedrooms upstairs with the option of a 4th and also a great loft area (this is why I really loved the house. I would love a loft area!) It also had a really good sized backyard that was already finished and fenced in. (perfect for an energetic 2 year old!)  There were a few things that I really didn't like about it.  I wasn't in love with the kitchen and the layout of the first couple rooms in the entrance were really weird and there was no basement which is something I decided that I really really would like. I also thought the outside was pretty unattractive.  We left the house torn.  Our decision was supposed to be made for us but now we didn't know what to do because we were finally the first ones to have the option of putting an offer on a house that we might actually want to live in.  After much deliberation and (some tears on my part) we decided to put an offer in on the house. Well. . . long story short the people decided that they didn't want to sell their house (dear owners please explain why there is still a for sale sign in your yard and your house is still listed online???) So I guess that was our answer on what to do!  We are now getting everything signed and ready to go so they can start our house!!!  Our lot is in Spanish Fork (I would love to stay in Oren but unfortunately it is ALOT more expensive up here)  We actually are in the same neighborhood as 3 of our really good friends and I'm so excited for our kiddies to be best friends and have tons of play dates and summer bbq's!  We will be meeting with a design team on Wednesday to pick out all the fun stuff (cabinets, counter tops, paint and flooring colors, appliances, colors of the outside and all that jazz) I'm so excited!  I've been pinning my eyeballs out for how to decorate the boys rooms (I'm thinking of doing a nautical theme for the baby's room with bright white, dark blue and some red and Hayden's room I have no idea what I want to do right now!) but I'm so excited for both my sweet little boys to have their own little rooms and a real place to call home and room to stretch their legs.  I'm also super excited for the extra bedroom that I have called for my very own craft room until our basement is finished! No more kitchen craft room!  Just a few of the many things that I am excited to have!  Our official latest date we will be able to move in is June 7th (seems like forever but I know I'm just being impatient) I'm really crossing my fingers we will be able to move in the end of May.  We decided that I will have to take my lawn chair and hang out down there to make sure no one is taking any breaks (who needs lunch!!!)

1 comment: