I seem to have a little bit of explaining to do. . . I've pretty much just been really lazy in a LOT of areas for the past few months. My blog has been a poor excuse for telling about our "exciting" lives lately, and I'm sure most have come over to our apartment to see it in a massive blunder or my child just running around like he owns the place and has no mother, and I'm sure I've forgotten (probably multiple times) something I was supposed to be doing for someone but I promise I have a legit excuse! (It feels legit anyway:) I'm going to blame my massive amount of laziness on this little gem right here! We call him Carter (for now anyway:) He is due to be here on July 22nd (or a week earlier:) we'll see how I feel when I'm large and in charge in the middle of summer!)
 |
It took me about 5 seconds after he put the ultrasound thing on my belly to see this little man's goods! (what is it with my boys that they are just hangin out spread eagle! I'd say we have no question what this baby is!
We found out we were expecting a couple weeks before our cruise. We'll say it was a little bit of a surprise. We were not very smart and assumed i would ovulate on schedule so we weren't exactly extra cautious until we were closer to that time. Well we never factored in that maybe i would just randomly ovulate early. Ha ha oh well! What's a couple months??? We were planning to try around December or January anyway so we just got a little early surprise! This did complicate things on the cruise a little bit unfortunately. Every time I would get in any kind of moving vehicle I was pretty much asleep instantly but what really kicked my butt was when the nausea set in after about day 1 on the cruise. If you've ever been on a cruise you're aware that you are confronted with food at just about every corner! Sometimes i really thought i was going to die! I'm probably like 1 of 10 people who have lost weight on a cruise ha ha! I also usually took at least a two hour nap every day that we were at sea. Poor Matt was probably ready to kill me! Luckily he was fed very well for that week. (he still says he misses the windjammer buffet) Things have been looking up for the past few weeks though and I'm only really sick at night and I'm hoping that will disappear soon also! But luckily we all survived the first trimester (barely). I never imagined how hard it was going to be being pregnant with an active toddler but we're all alive and kicking still so hopefully it will be smooth sailing for the next few months! |
 |
Here i am at 16 weeks! Just kidding (can you imagine what i would look like at full term!) but isn't this dress cute! We had to take the opportunity to try on some maternity clothes with the motherhood strap on belly since they were having an awesome sale!
Anywho. . . we are very excited for this little man to be here and I'm especially excited to have a real room to prepare for him when we get our house! |
HIp HIP HOORAY!
ReplyDeletecongrats Brittany that will be soo fun having two little boys! Hope you get feeling better soon :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS! So funny how you told me you were terrified to have another baby at Amanda's shower and you were pregnant all along!! I'm SO excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!! Hayden is going to have so much fun with a little brother - they are going to be double trouble I know it!!! Hugs! Oh and I am pretty close to that size at 16 weeks {or so I was with Ryker}
ReplyDeleteBrittany! Congrats!! Thats exciting, but what a bummer about being Pregnant on the cruise. Oh well :) So, do you have a house picked out then? Where at? Thats exciting! Oh and I will be at the shower on Saturday by the way :)
ReplyDeleteI told Dustin today and he was so surprised haha- he sends his congrats :) we love you guys <3
ReplyDeleteSharice and my Mom are coming to the shower too! Just an RSVP for ya, like the invite said :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting. Congratulations!!!!!!
ReplyDelete